Our Mission …
Creating sustainable alliances among indigenous nations and the Winona community with a mutual understanding that we are all related.
Our Vision …
- Sustaining a regionally valued organization and unique annual event.
- Continuing reconciliation among all our relatives which is publicly recognized and practiced through ongoing friendships, community partnerships, and mutually meaningful activities.
- Nurturing a community in which all relations gather together for generations to come.
We Value …
- Relationships that will continue indefinitely.
- Meaningful learning as the guiding spirit of our work.
- Historical truth telling.
- Awareness and appreciation of current Native American societal, political, and environmental issues.
- Many Native American customs such as gifting and generosity.
- Inclusive behavior with cooperation and collaboration.
- Decisions by consensus and organizational efficiency, transparency and accountability.
To read more about how we are Fulfilling the WDUA Mission read our highlights!
This booklet (PDF) provides background information about the traditions and expectations of the Gathering